1. If I register for the event and decide to no longer attend, what are my options?
If you can no longer participate, for whatever reason, you can choose from the following options:
Have you replaced by another participant;
Convert your registration fees into a donation for the Martin-Matte Foundation and receive an official tax receipt.
You have until February 7, 2024 to let us know. To do this, you must contact us at the following address: email@example.com
2. What is the deadline to register?
The deadline to register is Wednesday, February 7, 2024, at midnight. However, for the at-home component, remember to register at least three (3) weeks before your activity takes place in order to receive your participant's kit on time.
3. As a participant, if I haven't reached my goal of $325 by the day of the event, can I still participate in the challenge?
If your team has raised $1,300 or more, you can participate even if your personal goal has not been met. If your team has not raised the minimum amount of $1,300, not all participants on your team will be able to obtain their bib.
4. Can we participate in the challenge even if the number of participants in our team is less than four?
Yes. However, your team will still have to raise the minimum amount of $1,300 to participate.
5. Is it a relay marathon or can I ski with my teammates at the same time?
This is not a relay challenge. All participants of the same team can ski at the same time.
6. Can we ski all the slopes of Sommet Saint-Sauveur?
Yes. Participants will be able to use the entire ski area of the mountain.
7. Will the trails be accessible to people who will not be attending the event?
Yes. However, the Express Est ski lift will be chartered expressly for participants and a priority line will be reserved for participants of the other lifts.
8. Can I access the event site at Sommet Saint-Sauveur for free if I am not a participant?
Yes. Visitors are welcome.
9. Can I get a tax receipt for the registration fee?
Registration fees are not allowable for tax purposes. You will only receive a transaction receipt.
10. Do participants under 18 have to reach a financial goal of $325?
No, the personal financial goal for participants aged 12 to 17 in the Volet Sommet Saint-Sauveur and under 18 in the Volet à la maison is $175.
11. Am I eligible for the competition if I received the preferential entry rate?
Yes. All participants who register before December 20, 2023, midnight, will be eligible for the contest.
12. If I participate in the Volet à la maison, can I team up with participants who are registered in the Volet Sommet Saint-Sauveur (and vice versa)?
Yes, you can form a hybrid team. In this case, the rates, objectives and regulations specific to the challenge of each participant must be respected.
13. How do I register to volunteer on the day of the event?
To register your name on the list of volunteers, you must send an email with your contact information and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will contact you in the next few days following your request. As places are limited, your name will be placed on a waiting list.
14. If I cancel, will I get a refund?
Yes. In the event of a cancellation of the event, the participants' registration fees will be automatically refunded in full. It is also possible, if you wish, to convert your registration fees into a donation for the Martin-Matte Foundation and you will receive an official receipt for tax purposes. To do this, you must contact us at the following address: email@example.com.
15. In the event of cancellation, what will happen to the donations raised?
No refunds will be given for donations. All donations raised will go to the Martin-Matte Foundation.
16. Is it possible to rent equipment (ski or snowboard)?
Yes, Les Sommets offers a 50% discount to Beaux 4h participants on equipment rental. Communicate quickly with them to make your reservation. You will need to provide weight, height and shoe size.
17. What measures are in place in relation to COVID-19?
The sanitary measures put in place by the Public Health of Quebec and which will be in force at the time of the event must be respected by all. We invite you to consult the government website on this subject: Current measures COVID-19 | Government of Quebec (quebec.ca). In addition, for the Volet sur la montagne, the sanitary measures put in place by Les Sommets must also be respected.
If you cannot find the answer to your question, do not hesitate to write to us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.